POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 19th Century Schoolhouse [WIP] : Re: 19th Century Schoolhouse [WIP] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 19th Century Schoolhouse [WIP]
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 20 Jan 2004 12:01:20
Message: <400d5ee0@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote in message

> Just checking. Are you using:
>
> global_settings { assumed_gamma 1 }
> default { finish { ambient 0 } }
>
> If not, this will help a lot with the shaded areas of bricks.

When radiosity is turned on, yes.  I generally remove "ambient" from every
piece of code that I link into my projects, unless I want something to
actually emit light of some sort.  I have a Radiosity=on/off setting that I
use, and when it's off, I set ambient default to 0.1 (or whatever I feel
like), just so I can see shadowed areas when running test renders.

I also messed around quite a bit with "brightness" and "diffuse" for the
bricks, trying to get them to look something more like my reference photos.
But I'm still never quite sure how to use them properly.  I just experiment
a lot.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com